E-commerce - selling on the internet
What is ecommerceThe buying and selling of products and services by businesses and consumers through an electronic medium, without using any paper documents. Ecommerce is universally considered to be the buying and selling of goods over the Internet. Any transaction that is completed solely through electronic means can also be considered ecommerce. Ecommerce is subdivided into three main categories: business to business (B2B), business to consumer (B2C), and consumer to consumer (C2C).
Ecommerce usually adhere to some or all of the following practices:
- Provide virtual store fronts on websites with online catalogues.
- Buy or sell on websites or online marketplaces.
- Use electronic data interchange.
- Reach prospective and established customers by E-mail with newsletters.
- Use business-to-business buying and selling.
- Provide secure business transactions.